This simple Salisbury Steak recipe is reassuring, scrumptious, and ideal for a weeknight dinner.
Made with tender beef patties and simmered in a wealthy and scrumptious mushroom gravy, it’s a meal that the entire household loves. Serve it over mashed potatoes or egg noodles for an additional dose of consolation.
And the perfect half? It’s prepared in about half-hour!
What’s Salisbury Steak?
This recipe begins with do-it-yourself Salisbury steak patties, that are simmered till tender in a wealthy and creamy mushroom gravy.
- It is a deliciously comforting meal with a wealthy mushroom gravy.
- This budget-friendly dinner makes use of frequent substances you probably have readily available.
- It’s simple to make and might be ready forward of time, this dish freezes and reheats nicely.
- Mushroom Salisbury steak is prepared in about half-hour in simply one pan
Components in Salisbury Steak
- Floor beef: Use lean floor beef (80/20 lean-to-fat ratio) for the perfect taste and texture. It’s also possible to use floor turkey for a more healthy possibility. When you’re quick on time, pre-made frozen patties or meatballs work too!
- Breadcrumbs & Egg: These bind the steak collectively and the egg provides moisture.
- Mushrooms: These are used within the gravy for a wealthy, earthy taste. When you don’t like mushrooms, you should use further onions.
- Gravy: The gravy is made with a roux (flour and butter) and low sodium beef broth, flavored with garlic, onion powder, and thyme.
- Seasoning: Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard, salt and pepper are all you want, however be happy so as to add some other seasonings or herbs you want. When you don’t have dry mustard powder, substitute 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard.
- Toppings: French-fried onions, grated cheese, or perhaps a fried egg make nice toppings.
Methods to Make Salisbury Steak
This do-it-yourself Salisbury steak recipe is a traditional consolation meals for good motive!
- Cook dinner onions and mushrooms in a big skillet (per the recipe under).
- Kind beef combination into patties. Brown patties within the pan.
- Add the gravy substances and simmer the patties within the mushroom gravy till cooked by way of.
Retailer leftover mushroom Salisbury steak in a tightly sealed container within the fridge for as much as 4 days. Reheat within the microwave or over medium warmth on the stovetop.
Freeze parts in zippered baggage for as much as 4 weeks and thaw in a single day earlier than reheating.
Did your loved ones love this Mushroom Salisbury Steak recipe? Depart us a ranking and a remark under!
Fast and simple Mushroom Salisbury Steak is considered one of our favourite consolation meals recipes, and it cooks in only one pan!
Soften the butter in a big skillet. Add the sliced onion and prepare dinner, stirring sometimes, over medium warmth till it begins to melt, about 4 minutes.
Add the sliced mushrooms and prepare dinner till the liquid is absorbed.
Whereas the mushrooms are cooking, In a big bowl, mix floor beef, ¼ cup of beef broth, Panko bread crumbs, egg, garlic powder, and black pepper. Combine nicely and type into 6 patties, about ½ inch thick.
In one other small bowl, whisk collectively the remaining beef broth, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, flour, mustard powder, and water.
Take away mushrooms and onions from the pan. Place the meat patties within the pan and brown them, about 2 minutes on both sides.
Place the cooked mushrooms and onions on high of the patties, pour the broth combination excessive and canopy the pan. Let it simmer for 20 minutes or till the meat is cooked by way of.
Serve over mashed potatoes.
Beef Patties: Selfmade Salisbury steak patties might be changed with frozen hamburger patties. Cook dinner the meat to an inside temperature of 160°F.
Gravy Substitutions: 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard can be utilized rather than dry mustard.
Seasoning: This recipe is evenly seasoned because the condensed broth has sufficient salt for our liking. Season with extra salt and pepper to style. Extra herbs might be added if desired.
Retailer leftovers in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 4 days.
Energy: 248 | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 26g | Fats: 10g | Saturated Fats: 5g | Ldl cholesterol: 107mg | Sodium: 268mg | Potassium: 550mg | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 210IU | Vitamin C: 2.5mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 3.4mg
Vitamin data supplied is an estimate and can fluctuate primarily based on cooking strategies and types of substances used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.